Monday, October 27, 2008

Thanks and hooray!

First of all, thanks to Sarah for the tip on using a tripod - I think these photos are a lot better! I'll get better as time goes on. I think it would be great to take photos outside - natural light is always better, but today it is pouring with rain.....sorry for the slightly drunk looking Chrissy Hynde-esque photos, but I am REALLY tired and I need a haircut!!

However, hooray! I have found some primo finds this week:

Item 1: An amazing knit/crochet top. I love the weight of it, it hangs so beautifully and will be very versatile - wear with a singlet underneath in this changeable weather, and then will look really cool over a merino in winter!! Please excuse the photo - my black bra is in the wash and you can see the turquoise one - oops!!$4.99

Closeup of pattern/texture:



Item 2: This skirt I fell in love with immediately - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sequins in the daytime and this one I plan to wear with a black singlet (probably a bit more dressy than this one) on Christmas Day - great party wear!! $6.99

Closeup of the fabric and sequin detail - gorgeous!!


Item 3: This skirt is something I've been looking for for ages, a nice, pristine white skirt, good length and gorgeous flower cutout detail and at $3 it was a steal!!

Closeup of the amazingly detailed edging:



So all in all - a great week - have a great one yourself!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, you found some GREAT stuff!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Great finds.

I'll take those two skirts off your hands:

a) when you're done with them ;)
b) when I'm skinny enough to fit into them :P

Lovely. x

Andrea Eames said...

Wow, good haul! How did you manage to sneak these past your husband? :D

Andrea xx

reallyreally said...

Far out!!! What awesome finds! Yay for you!!!! I absolutely LOVE that crochet top especially. It suits you to an absolute tee. In fact, it looks like it was specifically made for you!!! Mwah!

mummabee said...

Thanks Tikiboo - I think I'm getting the hang of this thrifting thing....

Chantelle - you'll keep your little paws OFF them....LOL! And you'll probably be too skinny for them now!

Andrea - I've enlisted a secret 'helper'. She holds the items for a week or so, then gives me a bag of clothes...so then I can say they came from 'L' and my hubby likes her and that's ok.....weird huh! It's ok to have 2nd hand stuff from someone you know, but not from a shop...go figure!

Kylie - I know! Wait til you see it for real, it just hangs so gorgeously...I can't wait for it to be in my regular wardrobe.

Jen said...

Ooh, I do like that white skirt!! Great loot - well done :)

UK lass in US said...

My thrift shop has been devoid of finds for months now. Why, oh why, did the old one have to shut down?

mummabee said...

Paper doll - I love that skirt too....particularly now the sun is out!!

Lil d - sometimes it goes like that....and it's a bummer when a great shop closes down :(