Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tag I'm It!

I was tagged by Kylie, so here goes.....

Six random things about me:
  • I was adopted, at 18 months old. I have never met my birth mother or father and know very little about them, but plan one day to find out more....

  • I always thought I would be a vet when I grew up, but a fear of needles and blood put paid to that!!

  • My favourite time of year is Christmas....it is safe to say I am obsessed with it!!

  • I had a bad experience with choking on a fishbone when I was nearly 2 years old and to this day struggle to eat fish....I just prefer not to, but I can if I need to be polite!

  • I have owned 2 cats (a black one called Smookins and a Ginger one imaginatively named Ginger) and 4 dogs (twin Yorkies called Baci and Bijou, an Aussie Terrier called Dolce, and an Aussie Terrier called Murray)

  • I come from a long line of gardeners, but definitely missed out on this talent - I have actually killed a cacti.....I thought they were supposed to be indestructible!! I have, however, one indoor plant that has miraculously survived my ministrations.....a cyclamen and it flowers regularly and everything!!
Six random things I like:
  • Vegemite - love the stuff....take it with me if I travel overseas.

  • Polka dots!

  • Writing novels in my head.....usually romantic comedy a la Bridget Jones' Diary

  • Scrapbooking paper....I am a hopeless hoarder, seeing as I hardly ever get time to actually do anything with it!!

  • The feeling of sand beneath my toes....

  • Bling! I like sparkles, sequins, things that shine.....must have been a magpie in a former life!!
Six random things I don't like:
  • Coins in my pocket.....that annoying little clinking sound....

  • People that ride bikes with their helmets hanging on the handle bars.....oh this really drives me nuts!!!

  • Litterers......especially just centimeters from a rubbish bin - respect the planet people!!!

  • People who think that because you have a child, it's an open invitation to make comment on you, your child, your body, your finances.....what the?

  • Seeing a movie I've been waiting to see for ages because it's been all hyped up, and then being bitterly disappointed.....

  • Clothing store mirrors that make you look better than you are so you are tricked into buying clothes that actually look hideous and you don't realise until you get home.....
So there you go. A few random things about me. I'm not sure how many people I'm supposed to tag, but I'm definitely tagging the following people anyway:

Chantelle
Sarah
Joanne

5 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Thanks for the tagging. :)

I loved reading those random bits and pieces on you. I was sad when it ended.

I wish you had more time to blog (and shop). I love reading your blog and always want more! xx

Amanda said...

Lovely to learn more about you Joanne. xx

Sarah said...

ooo my first tag! eeeexcellent - another excuse for procrastinating. *rubs hands*

I agree with the movie thing, happens to me all the time. I've learned it's best to go in with no expectations these days.

reallyreally said...

It's amazing what you learn about with these little meme's!!! Totally TOTALLY agree about the helmet and bike thing. That drives me nuts too!!!
You are such a character! ;)

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Thanks for tagging me. :)

I gave you an award on my blog. xx