Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween.....I just don't get it.....

So it's Halloween tomorrow night and the shops have been full to the brim with pumpkins, witches and other scary-ish paraphenalia.  I don't know what it is, but I just don't get Halloween at all.....what's the go with it? I know it's huge in Northern America, but I never knew anything about it as a kid, but now it's taking over.  Thank goodness we are going to a BBQ tomorrow night so I won't be home for any trick or treaters....lol  I'm all for getting into costume at any possible opportunity - I LOVE dressing up, but why would you want to dress up ugly and scary? Hmmm.....oh well, at least it means that we are on the countdown to Christmas, which is my absolute favourite time of year.....I've already started my shopping, half planned my table decoration and mentally decorated my Christmas tree - obsessed much?

1 comment:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

You probably have to grow up with any holiday to have a feel for it. Halloween is just about my favorite. It wasn't about being scary for us, we just loved the creativity of making a costume (yeah, I'm so old we made our own costumes!). And going out trick-or-treating--being outdoors at night, ringing strangers doorbells and having them give you CANDY (which my family did not ordinarily buy)...it was enormous, exciting fun.